"Bangor is a good place to study – it has good scenery and is a quiet environment. The main reason I decided to study at Bangor was the superior faculty and facilities. There is a wide range of programs to choose from."
Mo Jia, from China, studying Accounting and Finance at Bangor
- Top-10 UK University for "excellent early student experience" – THE survey 2014
- Top 10 in the UK for student satisfaction (National Students Survey 2014)
Recognised world wide for Accounting and Finance Research
By studying for a degree in Accounting and Finance, you will acquire skills that are central to the management of organisations, for measuring performance and maintaining the cash flows that are essential for the prosperity of any private company or public sector organisation.
This programme is accredited by the ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants England and Wales), CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants), ICSA (the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators) and CIPFA (the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy).
Graduates pursue careers in accountancy, banking, investment, insurance, marketing, risk management, human resource management and retail management.
Year 1 You take 10 core modules plus 2 options. Core modules:
- Management and Financial Accounting (double)
- Introduction to Economics (double)
- Introduction to Business and Management
- Introduction to Marketing
- Quantitative Methods (double)
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Learning Skills
Chinese Business and Language, Law, Information Technology, modules from many other academic Schools, English Language Courses for Overseas Students.
Year 2 Core modules:
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting (double)
- Finance (double)
- Probability, Optimisation*
- Statistical Methods*
- Quantative Methods for Business**
- Business Economics
- Optional Modules
Year 3 Core modules:
- Advanced Accounting Theory and Practice (double)
- Advanced Corporate Finance (double)
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Economics*
- Auditing (double)
- Taxation (double)
- Optional Modules. If you choose to follow the year 3 project module you will receive personal supervision from a member of staff.