"The main reason that I decided to study at Bangor was the superior faculty and facilities. There were also a wide range of programs for students to choose from."
Mo Jia, China, studying Banking and Finance
Among the top 2% of global higher education institutions
International students who choose Bangor University can be sure of one thing – a top-quality UK education. Bangor scores well in all the rankings that matter and is consistently rated among the top universities in the UK.
Bangor was ranked in the top 50 of all UK universities and the top 5 percent of universities in the world by the Times University League table 2015.
Bangor University’s research has a major impact around the world according to a national assessment of research quality (REF) published today.
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor’s research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Based on the University submission of 14 Units of Assessment, 77% of the research was rated in the top two tiers of research quality, ahead of the average for all UK universities.
Research in the schools of Sports Science; Modern Languages; Welsh; Education; Linguistics; Social Sciences; Ocean Sciences; Biological Sciences; Environment, Natural Resources and Geography; Psychology; Healthcare Sciences and Medical Sciences have all been ranked in the top 20 in the UK.
Bangor University’s reputation as a world leading research university is further emphasised by:
- Bangor being ranked 39th in the UK (excluding specialist institutions and single-submission universities).
- Eight of our 14 submissions achieved a GPA score (which is a measure of research quality) in excess of 3.0 out of a maximum score of 4.0.
Student life and support
The Bangor experience is unique among UK universities.
The University is:
- Top-5 in the UK for helpful staff – THE Student Survey 2014
- Free English language support for international students throughout the year
- Dedicated team to handle international student concerns ranging from visa, accommodation, health, money matters, and employment
- Top-10 UK university for 'Clubs and Societies' – WhatUni 2014